What's with "vessel" sinks?

Cheapest ones I've been able to find start at about $85 and go up to the top, the very top!*

So I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a resin bowl for $4, drilled a hole in the bottom, and I was good to go. Flower pots would seemingly also work; they already have a hole in the bottom.

Am I missing something?

----------

  • Examples (best be sitting if you look)
HeyBub

This is just another one of those things they trick people into buying that become dated in a couple years. They will go the way of harvest gold leisure suits

Reply to
gfretwell

Along with overpriced washers and dryers, stainless steel kitchen appliances, microwaves over the stoves, useless kitchen 'islands', double built in ovens (for huge family gatherings once in a decade), ugly granite/stone counter tops, high maintenance decks, and all the other trappings of a credit card debt ridden society that has no way of paying for the new entitlements being rammed down the throats of the gullible public. Adding to the misfortune is the fact that hardly any of the junque on the market now can be handed down to the less fortunate as in the past. So it goes to the leaking landfills and the poor get poorer, still believing that Washington knows what's best for them. Sad...

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Joe wrote in news:a046848a-9a69-44e1-acec-4389deb0b299 @i37g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

Eli: "People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We through away things people kill each other for now."

Reply to
TheHack

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:40:57 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote Re Re: What's with "vessel" sinks?:

Well put.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

Yes, bragging rights if you happen to be both nouveau riche and gauche.

IOW, more money than brains. IMO, YMMV.

Reply to
dadiOH

"HeyBub" wrote in news:0Y6dnR1vgJoNXVzWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I don't like them.

Reply to
Stepfann King

I have to admit: I like the way some of them look, sitting there on display at the Borg. Some of the glass ones are really pretty.

But they cost a ton, as you've pointed out, and they're a maintenance nightmare, as others have.

I'll just buy a glass bowl and look at it, or serve chips in it or something. And stick with my one-piece vanity top and sink.

People really are sheep.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I think they look dumb, but...

Just the water spots and cleaning around them has to be the pits.

Ours are undermount on granite. I like 'em. Nice, clean lines, and easy to clean. ;-)

Yup. Anything to look different, except that everyone is different the same way. ;-)

Reply to
keith