What’s good for the fast food salesman isn’t goo d for the air-conditioning technician.

Some conservatives bemoaned the deficit. Regarding Bush II, don't forget the nation experienced 9-11, Katrina, and two wars.

Still, as regrettable as the increase in the deficit was over the eight year period (some $800 billion), it was small potatoes compared to the $4 trillion debt under two years of the Obama administration.

Reply to
HeyBub

It's getting harder and harder to tell them apart.

Reply to
HeyBub

Me too.

I sold a house and put $10,000 in a CD paying 9%. Yippee! I made $900.00.

Regrettably, inflation that year was 13% and I had to pay about $180 tax on the $900.00!

The Carter administration was just awful.

Reply to
HeyBub

My first mortgage was 14.5%, down from 18.5% earlier that year when we were looking for a house.

Reply to
krw