What is the exact tap & die size for a USA garden hose thread (it's not NH)

I know the answer because I have the die sitting on my desk. It's from J.A. M TAYLOR TOOL CO. LIMITED, http://www.taylortool.com , part # 40670, 3/4"-11 1/2 NH HSS Die 2" O/D @ $149.53 The definitive book is MACHINERY'S HANDBO OK. I have the 21st. Edition and on p. 1369 & 1370 it describes ANSI Standa rd Hose Coupling Screw Threads. Type NH is the full-form thread & type NHR is rolled. NHR is identical to NH, just a bit looser. Don't believe me. Fi nd your hose, get yourself a vernier caliper, a SAE thread gauge, & check f or yourself. Threads Per Inch will be between 11 and 12 (11.5) & External Thread Diameter will be between 1.0350 (NHR) and 1.0625 (NH). Steve.
replying to zebloc2, al_gone wrote:

Ridgid has a 1-1/2" x 11-1/2 TPI, at Grainger the cost (2017) is about $168.00 not including the tap handle. Yoy can get a handle for around $100 new. You could alternatively buy a lot of hoses for that.
replying to Brent, ROBERT WIECKOWICZ wrote: Garden hose connections are 12 tpi
replying to Brent, Erik wrote: http://catalog.tapcotaps.com/item/all-categories/popular-special-taps-right-hand-/72518 From Tapco taps. The reason no one can find GHT taps.. is because that's the thread name.. the TAP name is Nation Hose Thread 3/4 11 1/2 NH The link is for the Best.. too expensive, buy one from china. Remember that it's a meaty 3/4" hand tap so breaking it will be horrifying, buy a good one .. :)
replying to Brent, Erik wrote: http://catalog.tapcotaps.com/item/all-categories/popular-special-taps-right-hand-/72518 From Tapco taps. The reason no one can find GHT taps.. is because that's the thread name.. the TAP name is National Hose Thread 3/4 11 1/2 NH The link is for the Best.. too expensive, buy one from china. Remember that it's a meaty 3/4" hand tap so breaking it will be horrifying, buy a good one .. :) (they sell dies too)