What extension cord is needed for electric fry pan?

Your post is apparently aimed at me, not Ralph.

The quoted section from me is about 15A receptacles (2 or more) being limited to 80%, even for non-continuous. Your reply is not relevant.

What code requirement is exceeded?

I assume ISA is IS.

You just said "a 20 amp outlet is not specifically allowed on a 15 amp circuit"

You now seem to be saying, again, a 20A receptacle is OK on a 15A circuit.

  1. a grounded 20A receptacle is not allowed by 406.4-A
  2. there was a 2008 proposal (I looked at only 4 cycles) to change this

- the code panel for 400 (above) does not agree with the code panel for 210

  1. g, an inspector who applies the NEC, had trouble believing what the NEC said
4 me, a master electrician using the NEC, thinks this provision is stupid.

Example of problem - 20A single receptacle for an air conditioner that is on a 15A circuit. Are air conditioners with a 20A plug readily available?

Reply to
bud--

Write a proposal to make that a goal of the NEC.

I don't remember 10A alarm ckts

240.6-A standard OCP changed to add 10A allowing #16 wire? whats the point?
Reply to
bud--

It really sounds like that is what they are doing. They just want to be sure the receptacle is rated equal or greater than the circuit ampacity.

Even 406.4(A) points you back to Table 210.21(B)(3

Look at an old version of the code, 760 section II. Non?Power-Limited Fire Alarm (NPLFA) Circuits.

Reply to
gfretwell