What are these things I bought at an auction?

Makes for a nice set of jumper cables.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Very common to see it used inside of machinery panels, etc. and for the exact reason being that its much easier to get tight bends thus making it easier to terminate within confined spaces.

Guessing that wire designation would be "type S" or "type SO".

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

OK, let me rephrase that. Not being able to put that simple search into Google, and get something useful from it, makes one "stupid" instead of "ignorant". You're absolutely correct.

I'm not a mind reader, and my crystal ball is in for repairs. How can you know what he "meant". All we can go by (here on Usenet) is what is "said".

It does? You can deduce that simply by reading one post by me? Wow.

Nah, I don't want to imitate you. I'm my own person.

Well, you would know, huh?

Reply to
Dan C

Not knowing something would be called ignorant. For instance, let's just say I didn't know what the word "ignorant" means, and despite my anger and astonishment at others' failure to use Google, I am far too stupid to look at

and find out what that word is all about. That would make ME ignorant.

Calling someone "ignorant" as an insult, however, would be quite foolish when said person is asking a question. To ask a question implies, in the strongest sense in most cases, that the asker is indeed ignorant about the subject about which he is asking.

Perhaps he didn't think of Google at the time. Perhaps he has recieved so much help from this newsgroup, or seen others get help, that his first thought was coming here and asking a question.

This does not make one stupid.

However, if he Was stupid, you behaving like a jerk isn't going to suddenly turn him into a brain doctor.

To be honest, I didn't know what he meant. Flaming the guy isn't going to suddenly enlighten me, so I sat back and observed others' responses.

If there were no responses, I would probably do what I do in public (where getting your ass whooped is a real possibility) and simply ask him to clarify.

One? How can you possibly know how many posts by you I have read? You just claimed you aren't a mind reader. Not only will you blast a guy for asking a simple question, calling him ignorant and stupid, but then you throw this post up, showing yourself to be both, and oddly enough, quite proud of the fact.

I actually read two of your posts, in this same thread. That's one more post than I need to see what a prick you are, but the second confirms things nicely.

Anyway, to answer your poorly thought out question, it is far easier to judge folks by their behavior than by their knowledge.

Weak insults are also pathetic. At least do all the readers of this newsgroup a favor and come up with something amusingly creative.

Pagan

Reply to
Pagan

I bet he's blonde and so is his wife !!! I am afraid to think about the offspring...... (and for the record, an OFFSPRING is the spring they use to turn OFF a Welder)..... :)

Reply to
you're.shitting.me

I actually think it would do very well as jumper cables. I once made some out of #6 building wire, and they did a fine job, except they were so damn stiff to handle. Commercial jumper cables have fine stranded wire. However, I would NOT use welding cable to wire a home. While electrically it would probably work just fine, it would likely fail the codes.

Reply to
maradcliff

WOW, there are a lot of assholes in this world !!! But just think how painful it would be if you did not have at least one asshole.

Reply to
TPutmann