wet carpet in the recroom

My house has a rec room built on the concrete slab, it is on the ground level on one side, about 2 feel below ground on the other. We had problem with water standing in the furnace room next to it, but now since few days it is dry.

about a week a go a spot in the middle of the room got wet, then it become a long patch (about 4 by on feet). Since we have just replaced carpet in this room i am really hesitant to rip it off to see what is happening under but do i have any other option? the room that used to be wet is about 4 feet away from the wet spot and there is nothing wet in between, the room is dry now but the wet spot keep reappearing each time after I dry it by pointing a fan.directly at it.

Can it be a surface leak from that furnace room and i should wait longer for the situation to stabilize, or does it have to be a crack in the concrete slab? any other explanations??

Reply to
Pawel Skudlarski

DOes you house have a sump pump?

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Thanks for interest.

No my hause doesn't have sump pump, would this be a solution? Can in be installed in the house without basement?

Reply to
Pawel Skudlarski