Weil-Mcclean ultra 105 burner cleaning

Really hate to call up my HVAC guy to do this every year, he charges $300 or more for something that looks pretty straight forward. My only worry is I don't reattach the gas line properly. Has anyone done something similar?

thanks

Reply to
ArghArgh

The $300 is not payment for what is actually done, the payment is for what the technician *knows*. The payment is for the maintenance of your house insurance. The payment is for the technician's training, for his licence, his knowledge of how the system works, his experience and, most importantly, the wisdom he has gained over the years.

Just remember, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Reply to
Xeno

Yes, that is true. What is a fair price for both customer and the business though? Is this a 3 hour job? Then yes, a very fair price. Is it a 15 minute job? Then not so fair.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you want my opinion on something like t his, tell us what the question is. I don't have time to watch videos when I can read it in one to three sentences.

Same thing here.

Reply to
micky

It ain't rocket surgery. It's been my experience that buying furnace parts is the hardest part of any repair.

Can you get the OEM gasket kit?

Reply to
auks

The gasket kit costs anywhere from about $80 to $180. Weill-McClean makes the YouTube to provide you the basic knowledge of how to clean the unit as a means of selling the gasket kit. If the HVAC charge includes the parts, the labor would seem more reasonable.

Reply to
John Keiser