Weed eater won't go fast

I have a Craftsman convertible weed eater, 25cc (I think) and when I pull the trigger to get a fast speed it just dies out. Sounds like it's out of gas. If I "pump" the trigger sometimes it will run fast. Do these things have a governor on them? It's a two cycle engine. Any advice welcome.

Thanks Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy

I suppose it could be several things but I had a similar problems with a Stihl.

Thanks to this newsgroup, I determined that the small screen in the muffler was clogged and needed to be cleaned. I just removed the screen and it worked just fine.

I think the purpose of the screen is for spark suppression.

Thanks Jimmy

Reply to
trailer

It could be running to rich, a dirty air filter, wrong oil mix, choke on, or adjust the air mix screw leaner

Reply to
ransley

My screen was clogged , I removed mine also it made a big difference.

Reply to
ransley