Way OT: Fort Hood

It's hard to resist repeating these two observations from a recent news article:

"It's remarkable that Hasan [the shooter] would encounter more return fire from a typical Texas Walmart than he would at the home of the United States

1st Cavalry Division."

"My husband's safer where he is in Afghanistan. At least there, he can shoot back!"

Reply to
HeyBub

All I can say is it's too damn bad that the cops that shot him had a little better aim. If they did we wouldn't have to spend tax dollars on a trial to defend that muslim piece of crap!

If I have offended anyone with my description of him that's too damn bad! This PC bullshit will end up destroying our country.

Gordon Shumway

What color do Smurfs become when they hold their breath?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

at least the trial will expose a lot that would be otherwise not revealed about Muslim terrorist attacks in the US. Fox News Online right now has a piece about how Hasan's Muslim faith has only been mentioned 29% in news reports.

the part I am unhappy about is how the foreknowledge about Hasan's anti- American Islamist beliefs were ignored by those who -should- have booted Hasan out of the military,if not sticking him in Guantanamo.All the people who were in a position of responsibility to act and didn't will NOT be kicked out or punished in any way;this is all going to get swept under the rug...once this cools down and is forgotten. Then it will be "business as usual",in the "progressive" PC manner of operation.And it will happen again.

Victor Davis Hanson has a great piece at National Review on how this Muslim terorism has been occurring on average abouit every 4 months.Good reading!

Reply to
Jim Yanik

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

This is certainly a familiar pattern of media complicity in the ongoing, never ending Obama campaign. I hope everyone recognizes the parallel between the media's efforts to suppress information about radical extremism in this case and the case of Obama's ties to radical extremists Wright, Ayers and the others on the seemingly endless list of undesirables that our fearless leader aligns himself with. There were warnings about Hasan that were suppressed and the soldiers at Fort Hood paid the price. There were, and continue to be, warnings about Obama that were and are being suppressed and we will all end up paying the price. We are witnessing a "fundamental change" in our country facilitated by the use of organized propaganda. Truth, honor, integrity have become relative concepts and are as irrelevant as the constitution in the minds of those whose smile at us and lie to our faces as they lead us into the pit.

We do indeed live in dangerous times. Hopefully we will all awaken before it's too late.

I agree with you on that but there are a lot easier ways to get information if we wouldn't give the criminal more rights than he gave the victim.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Waterboarding first, perhaps? That won't take as long as a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

Reply to
Oren

All sober, educated and well-informed adults figured out earlier in the week that no matter how badly the guy was shot, the authorities would've asked doctors to do anything possible to keep him alive. The reasons are obvious, although apparently not to you.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Damn right and I don't live in Texas. 1st Cavalry Division has tradition. They don't explain things on the battlefield.

Now the Calvary can ride.

Reply to
Oren

Hi, Can't shoot back with jammed rifle. We all know.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

innews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hmmm, What a dribble!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:43:59 -0600, Gordon Shumway wrote Re Re: Way OT: Fort Hood:

Too late. It's already been destroyed. Take a look around you. If you are over 60 years old, compare America not to the America that existed when you were 10 years old.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

Caesar Romano wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

There isn't a country that compares to what it was 50 years ago. Mostly, that has been for the better. I could never understand the pictures of watercannon aimed at protesters for civil rights.

Reply to
Han

Second that. They say he's paralyzed. The taxpayer will have to spend millions on his recovery.

Reply to
Ken Wood

Second that. They say he's paralyzed. The taxpayer will have to spend millions on his recovery.

===============

hahahaha. You're silly.

Second this: It's worth any amount of money to have him alive for interrogation. Then, if the military court does its job right, he won't be around much longer after the trial.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I agree. Water and a plank come to mind...

Reply to
HeyBub

Yep. That was Suzanna Hupp and she watched her parents die in front of her. Interestingly, at that time, having her gun in the car was as equally unlawful as carrying it on your person. Since then, Texas (and 38 other states) have implemented "shall issue" carry permits and now, in Texas, you can carry a gun in your car with no permit at all.

Reply to
HeyBub

-snip-

Not to confuse you with the facts- but Andre was not an "unlawful enemy combatant". [a term the created in 2006 to fit a need] He was not a civilian. He was a spy. His trial was not perfunctory. It was a lawful trial by an Army court. Washington, as head of the Army confirmed the verdict, and stuck by it through some appeals.

Hanging was how spies were punished in the 18th century.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

The term unlawful enemy combatant is a term widely used for over a century but not spefically mentioned in either the Geneva Convention nor the Hague Conventions. It was sort of holding area for those nobody knew quite how to classify. Doesn't really make any difference in your point, but it is not just a term made up post 9-11.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Sigh. We've had this discussion several times. There is no concept in international law of "Unlawful Enemy Combatant". The 4th Geneva Convention, signed by the United States in 1949, guarantees the rights of all persons in hands of a occupying power.

As for our major, he is a US citizen who committed an ordinary crime (mass murder) in the United States. His rights are guaranteed by the US Constitution. If they are not, all officials involved are in violation of their oath of office. -- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

You've always been able to carry a gun in your car in Texas while "traveling". What "traveling" is is not really defined anywhere. A couple of years ago the Texas legislature changed the law to remove the traveling restriction -- a result of a abusive prosecutor in Harris County.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob