water supply line for in door fridge water......

The best choice. Copper can rattle, kink and/or break, the white nylon is just crap.

Reply to
gfretwell

What do people recommend for bringing this line to the back of your fridge in the wall.

I want something i dont have to worry about.

I notice my home store sells kits in both copper tubing (flexible) for bringing water for auto ice makers etc and they sell another kit or line that is braided steel (or simular) over flexible pvc.

The package on this one claims there is nothing stronger.

I dont know. I want to do it right and not have to worry about it leaking or bursting.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Reply to
scale

The have a stainless braided hose kit you can buy. I put one on mine it's the way to go, cost more but worth it

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Especially if you have to move your fridge frequently like me to retrieve lost toys for my kids. You don't have to worry about the copper tubing getting kinked.

Reply to
Mikepier

ll.

Copper tubing is perhaps harder to install but equally reliable (no leaks) if installed correctly. If you use copper, you want to keep the length generous so you have the flexibility of bending and routing it where it needs to go. In most cases, no soldering is required as compression fittings are used.

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

Copper is fine, I dont like the braided stuff I have seen it leak wher it is crimped to the fittings. Just have a decent size loop in th copper so you can pull out the fridge

-- hieb

this thread:

hiebs