Help With Fridge with No water in door?

Okay So I'm remodeling the kitchen (starting a 2-3 year project) and plumbed in a new shut off valve with a nice Shut off box.

Okay so I did over 18 solder joints (I'm excited) with no leak the first time! So I remove the old plastic pipe that used to feed the water to the fridge and moved the fridge to the new shut off valve. But the problem is there is no NO water coming out.

Yes there is water in the shut off. I also can feel the line fill with water when turning it on.

I "think" pressure could be to high? But I'm not sure how to reduce it. It's plumbed with 1/2 copper to the valve.

Comments Please??

If it matters it's a 4-5 year old GE side by side.

Brian

Reply to
Tech-Home

I forgot to mention the water pressure is around 65 psi.

Brian

Reply to
Tech-Home

Disconnect it from the fridge and see if water comes out. If yes, could be the fridge. If no, it could be one of your solder joint is so good it blocked the flow.

65 psi is not a problem Low pressure is more of a problem with ice makers than high.

While the water was disconnected, it is possible that there was some residual water in the line or valve body at the fridge. It may have frozen and blocked the feed.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hi,

Always matters...and the model# is?

Out of where? The chilled water dispensor, icemaker?

You have remove the line from the refrigerator and confirmed this by watching the flow into a pail or bucket?

Most chilled water and icemaker lines for a refrigerator are 1/4" copper or SS.

jeff Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

When you press on the water dispenser button/lever/whatever do you hear the solenoid valve click in the back of the refrigerator? Does the icemaker receive water?

Reply to
John McGaw

This is Turtle

Me think by having 18 sweat joints of copper to copper you have slag and solider that is in the system and when you turned the water on it hit the water filter and plugged it up. The filter can be in the refrigerator it'sself or added on in the back where the water enters.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Is the fridge plugged in?

Reply to
h1ebs

Okay I finally figured it out.

The inline value was clogged with dirt that was in the copper pipe. (In the crawl space it was abit muddy) I took it apart as much as possible and got as much dirt out that I could.

Thanks

Reply to
Brian

Thankx for the update! :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Glad it is resolved and you don't have to do 18 joints again.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski