That One

To unthaw some frozen deer meat, silly.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Why do you want to heat hot water?

Reply to
That One

Hi, Timer goes in series on power line. Load side towards heater. Line towards power source. I wonder why you need a timer? Heater thermostat is not on all the time using up power. If you install timer, depending when you draw the hot water, it may not be as hot as your set temp. Is the heater well insulated? Also what is the current rating of that timer?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

If you don't mind I would like to add a question to this subject.

Does anyone know of a similar switch that could be used on natural gas water heaters?

Thanks

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

responding to

jeffreyd wrote: Yes, Google GAS WATER HEATER TIMER. This web site is full of information for you.

That >>I plan on putting a timer on the hot water heater, but I am not

------------------------------------- AMERICAN PACIFIC

Reply to
jeffreyd

I thought we all agreed several years ago to stop asking that stupid question.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

timers dont save enough money to cover the cost....

newer water heaters are very well insulated....

just set one to vacation, come back days later, the water will still be very warm......

Reply to
hallerb

The moron from homeowners hub is responding to a thread that is 21 months old. Maybe the stupid question was allowed then.

The moron from homeowners hub could have responded directly to the OP instead of including the "heat hot water" comment, but that would take some intelligence.

The thread is about a timer for an electric water heater. So the moron from homeowners hub found a gas powered timer for electric water heaters???

Reply to
bud--

The GOOGLE SYSTEM has a bug, it should of never allowed a reply to group on such a old thread

Reply to
hallerb

i will now always post should of:) thanks for letting me know it bothers you:)

Reply to
hallerb

Possibly it's not as hot as it's supposed to be? That silliness works both ways.

:: :::: ------------------------------------- :::: AMERICAN PACIFIC :: ::: I thought we all agreed several years ago to stop asking ::: that stupid question.

There is no "we" on the internet. "We" must always include a clarification as to who "we" actually is. NO ONE speaks for ME except ME! So "we" isn't right; I never made any such agreement.

:: ::: Jeff :: :: The moron from homeowners hub is responding to a thread :: that is 21 :: months old.

How does that make the responder a moron? If the thread was never closed and no relevant answer was given, then future searchers might well appreciate the completion of the information even though it came from 21 months ago. That post will reside in perpetuity in places like Google et al. So I'd have to say you're the moron here.

Maybe the stupid question was allowed then.

That was in no way a stupid question. You're being stupid to say it was.

:: :: The moron from homeowners hub could have responded :: directly to the OP :: instead of including the "heat hot water" comment, but :: that would take :: some intelligence.

Intelligence: Something you're apparently missing completely.

: : : The GOOGLE SYSTEM has a bug, it should of never allowed a : reply to : group on such a old thread

"Should of"? "a old thread"? The google system should have never allowed a reply to that post? Au contrar, little cabbage. Posts, once into Google databases, are there for all perpetuity and with few exceptions can always be responded to. ThiMk before you speek. You often post with a lack of knowledge where grammar and sometimes spelling too are very poor, creating a very poor reflection on yourself. Your speech pattern reflects a lack of education whether you went beyond the

6th grade or not and certainly does absolutely nothing for your apparent credibility or ability. Normally I won't single out a person's lack of education and excess of ignorance (Websters sense, not an insult) because I don't really care, but I though the information might make you rethink how you look to others in the groups.

HTH,

Twayne`

Reply to
Twayne

I think most of us here know exactly what he meant. Jeff can count me as one who agrees with him.

It makes them a moron because they just waltzed their way into an old discussion as if it were occuring today and the person's question had not been answered. Relevant answers were given 2 years ago. This isn't the first time this stupid question has been asked and answered here. And as for Google, if anyone who gives a rat's ass about this issue wants information, just using Google will return plenty of hits about the subject, without the need for a new series of posts to keep it alive.

I've seen Jeff's and Bud's posts over the years. And I've seen yours. Jeff ends his post with"Brass Rat '57 EE". That Brass Rat is the name given to MIT's class ring. So, he has an electrical engineering degree from MIT. Just for the record, so do I. Bud is a degreed electrical engineer too.

You can take the three of us as the "we" who agree the question is stupid. You've brought a knife to a gun fight, my boy.....

I think hallerb's posts over the years have established his credibility, advice and good judgement. Strange how you choose to attack three credible regulars here over some simple comments about a numb nuts post from the "homeowner's hub website in response to a thread that was abandoned two years ago. In fact, I'd say the posts that originate from that website appear designed not to solicit genuine answers, but to generate traffic and hits for the website.

Anyone else you want to attack today?

Reply to
trader4