water dispenser flow

Samsung side by side refrigerator with ice/water dispenser in door. Probably about five years old.
The water has always come out fairly fast. A few weeks ago it suddenly slowed down. If the original flow was a 10 then now it is like a 6 or 7. I changed the water filter and at first it was fast then slowed down again. I have purchased some new filters from a different manufacturer.
What else can I check or do if the new filter doesn't help?
On 2/28/2019 12:04 PM, badgolferman wrote:

A water line needle valve tapped into the bottom of the water pipe might do that.
On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 12:12:53 PM UTC-5, Bod F wrote:

I'd check the flow coming in, at the fridge, by disconnecting it and using a bucket. Could also be the solenoid valve getting gunked up, I suppose or an obstruction somewhere in the fridge plumbing. Any chance the tubing got a kink in it?
trader_4 wrote:

How do you check the solenoid valve?
On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 2:13:56 PM UTC-5, badgolferman wrote:

You'd have to find it and disconnect the water out, hold a bottle or similar to it and activate it. If water flow isn't right, then turn off the water, disconnect the input side and have someone turn the water back on while you hold the jar. Probably should measure output at the dispenser so you know it's x ounces in 10 secs or whatever there. If you need to turn the water off and have a ball valve on the main, might be easier to turn that off and on for testing, instead of a saddle valve, if that's what you have.