mixing light bulbs

I have an overhead light fixture with 3 40 watt bulbs. one of them burnt out. can I replace only the burnt out bulb with an LED bulb? What if any would be the consequinces? Thanks for a reply

Yes, you can replace just the one lamp with an LED. The consequence is you will reduce total power consumption of the fixture. :)
Tom
On 3/1/19 1:47 PM, Tom wrote:

Yeah but if he lives in a liberal-governed state or municipality, he'd probably need to file for an exemption first- and appeal it twice after the initial turn-down. Then he would need to purchase a $150 permit, hire a licensed unionized electrician using an equal-opportunity illegal alien helper to hold the ladder, then two inspections before flipping the switch -)
Wade Garrett wrote:

You are right on!!!!!! You might also caution him to hide all his plastic straws when the inspectors arrive.

But if he lives in a climate change denying republican conservative area he'll be lynched by his neighbors when they see the single off-color bulb amidst the original 3. "mixed race" is an abomination to the Conservatives - so he better change all 4 and hope the neighbors are color-blind enough not to realize he's falling into the "liberal trap" of believing science - which might ALSO get him lynched.
On 3/1/2019 4:38 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

If he was a caring guy, he would replace one with a CFL too. Diversity is good.
On 03/01/2019 02:56 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

If he was really caring he would use a renewable resource -- a whale oil lantern.
On 3/1/19 8:27 PM, rbowman wrote:

Mobil Dick :-)
BTW, in case you didn't know, this name appeared on "Futurama".
--
"God is not all that exists. God is all that does not exist." [Remy de
Gourmont (1858-1915) French novelist, critic, philosopher]
On 3/1/19 4:38 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

Mebbe so- but the actions would be those of ordinary citizens, not The Government.
Understand the difference, libbie?

Whatever happened to "government of the people, by the people, and for the people" - I might have gotten the order wrong but - - - -
On 3/1/2019 8:48 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

The democrats are working to destroy it.

The republicans have already obliterated it with their investure and support of the "dick Tater" little strongman "thumper".
No work left for ther Democrats to do IF that was their intention
On 3/2/2019 3:25 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

The only thing the democrats do is promise more welfare for their constituents...but common sense dictates that welfare is not sustainable.
At some point you run out of other peoples money.

Its clearly sustainable in western europe.
It just needs much higher taxes on those who are working etc.
And no terminal stupidity like the US system that sees HALF pay no net income tax at all. That’s barking mad.

That’s mindlessly superficial.
On 3/2/19 4:50 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

But so true!

Bullshit. Western europe hasn’t run out of money and in fact has a much higher standard of living that the dregs of the USA that has far less welfare.
On 3/2/19 3:11 PM, Bod F wrote:
[snip]

I remember something about a plan to require welfare recipients to work for their money if they were able to. For some reason that was declared unconstitutional.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 03/03/2019 11:37 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-signs-executive-order-pushing-work-requirements-to-receive-welfare-benefits/
I don't think the 9th Circuit has found the time in their busy schedule to screw with that one yet.
On 03/02/2019 01:25 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

How about that Trudeau? Has the Indian added his scalp to her collection yet?
Bibi may wind up behind bars too. May's ship is sinking fast and Merkel's is already underwater. Macron appears to have a little problem too.
Is Putin the only leader that runs a tight ship?

Trudeau's definitely got some stink on him whether he actually got his foot into the shit or not. So far it's just "inappropriate" not "illegal" The conservatives have screwed up even worse in the past - with the Airbus scandal - so stupidity isn't particularly particular about what party you belong to.
We've got our own version of the Donald in Ontario with Dougy Ford - brother of the former crack-smoking Toronto mayor Bobby Ford. People thought he couldn't be worse than our former liberalpremier - but they've pretty much been proven wrong already. If not worse, he's definitely no better.
It appears anyone who actually WANTS the job should be disqualified before they even start.