mixing light bulbs

Stupid way to dress. Same with a suit and tie for men.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Don’t buy that. Some of our islanders do wear skirts, mostly on sundays. Not clear to me where they come from. The skirts are quite long, down below the knees.

Then there are the hairy legged cross dressers in scotland. Those arent ideal in hot weather either.

Around here, in the hot weather, most of the most sensible women wear shorts.

Reply to
Rod Speed

We'll see...

That’s what he was proposing the 2% surtax on, stupid.

That’s not his GROSS, stupid.

Nope, $60K, that’s 2% of his GROSS, stupid.

Nope, because that wage slave has a gross of $75K, stupid.

You couldn’t even work out what the word GROSS means.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Thought you must have been one of those hairy legged cross dressers from scotland.

We can smell the haggis on your breath from here, boy.

Reply to
Rod Speed

What did Obama say? "Elections have consequences". Perhaps you should be questioning your state legislators who are taking all of that SALT money.

Reply to
gfretwell

That is more about your withholding choices than the tax, as you said. I didn't change my withholding at all and I am getting over $4k back. What I haven't seen reported is what was the average tax rate compared to last year.

Reply to
gfretwell

Other than TV I haven't seen a pant suit in 20 years... I take that back. We hired a woman who had been an Army officer and then some sort of management job back east. She showed up in a suit on her first day. The second day was jeans and a blouse like everybody else.

Around here the only people, male or female, that wear suits are Mormon missionaries, lawyers, or other things you don't want to mess with. Add a tie and you know you're really in trouble.

I've sometimes thought about cruising Goodwill for a suit just to mess with peoples' minds. I suppose I could find a youtube video on the manly art of tying a tie.

In any case Hillary the Screech Owl didn't do much for pant suit stock. I went shopping yesterday to get some salad stuff and couldn't find my preferred brand of salad dressing. They had Hilary's but that was too close for me -- I went with Drew's Thai coconut sesame.

Reply to
rbowman

Another blast from the past. I equated panty hose with chastity belts. Does anyone still wear those damn things?

Reply to
rbowman

Feeling triggered, are we? Clinton is the one who made pant suits a cliche. Blame her.

"Clinton writes that during the presidential campaign, she wanted to dress as she did when she wasn't running for president. This would also help her "not overthink it."

That certainly didn't work well.

Reply to
rbowman
[snip]

I have worn a necktie for about 3 seconds (lifetime total). I was encouraged to try one in 5th grade and really don't like feeling is if I'm being strangled.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

You still have to admit raising taxes is necessary unless we radically cut spending, including entitlements. The fact remains every nickel of discretionary spending (everything but entitlements and interest on the debt) is borrowed. That is totally unsustainable and we are just burdening our kids with a debt that will crush them. When you tack that on to their personal debts like 5 figure student loans we may reach a point where they just revolt.

Reply to
gfretwell

Same here. No reason to have dingy orange when you can have a truer color.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I wore a tie all of high school am my working career although I switched to clip on ties in the late 60s. That rotating machinery and a tie just didn't seem right to me. Get your tie caught in an offset printing press and they will have a hard time getting your socks out.

Reply to
gfretwell

I used to have one there for that reason but now have a hue bulb that is trivial to setup with a fade up when it is ever turned on by anything and is a lot more flexible so you can have it just light enough to see where you are going for a piss without waking anyone else in the room too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Mark Lloyd snipped-for-privacy@mail.invalid wrote

Not obvious why Philips do it that way. Less likely to crack with age but wont survive a drop onto a hard surface as well.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The WW2 debt was higher and didn't crush us.

The last time they tried that in the 60s it didn't work for them.

Reply to
Rod Speed

When I built the house in the very early 70s, I had fluorescents everywhere. But then added 150W PAR38s because I preferred the light from them in the main room.

But now I don’t like the dirty yellow there and prefer a cool white.

Dunno why I changed.

Reply to
Rod Speed

And with these darn cataracts I need all the help I can get

Reply to
Clare Snyder

That must be the 4K I just sent to the Feds and the state... I knew it was going to be bad this year, just not how bad.

Then I got to the part of the 1040 instructions about paying. Yes, you can pay by check, if you write your life's history on the check and submit yet another form. I caved and did the direct payment they're pushing with both feet.

Reply to
rbowman

Sometimes when i walk through a residential neighborhood at night I wonder if they're trying to mimic kerosene lanterns.

Reply to
rbowman