Warning: Plastic Light Fixtures contain Farmaldehide! Use the Ceramic ones

I smelled an acrid, foul smell in my closet, thinking it was a bat in my attic, I hired a contractor to remove the bats. Much to my surprise, it turned out that my closet had a plastic light fixture that had cracked and was emitting formaldehyde fumes (formaldehyde stinks when heated). The contractor replaced the plastic light fixture with a ceramic one, and the toxic smell is gone now.

Reply to
shieldsgrace7

Lots of plastics contain formaldehyde.

You can say that the polysester in your cloths do also.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

OMG, my clothes? I'm going naked from now on. Not taking any chances.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Versatile contractor. That's good.

Just carry an open bottle of negative formaldehyde with you and you'll be okay.

Reply to
micky