Waltec 12 Problem.

Hello All!

I have recently ran into a problem with my waltec 12 in my bathtub. I had a issue where the diverter wasent causing the flow to stop out of either my showerhead or my bathtub spout. Its a one piece unit, so I removed both the hot and cold taps and the diverter handle, but when I go to remove the who le unit from my wall, it only slides out about a 1/4 of a inch. Im concerne d maybe the diverter is jammed and I can't get it off. I've looked all arou nd and havent found any extra set screws or anything that should be holding this on. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
andypsmith1984

Can you find and post a link to the exact model? I can't locate much information about a "waltec 12".

What I did find showed the diverter valve stem is screwed into the body and must be removed with a shower valve socket, something like this:

If what you have is a cartridge type valve; a couple of times I have experienced O-rings and other rubber washers becoming dislodged from cartridges making removal quite difficult. In one case, with a Moen cartridge, I wrestled to pull it out for a while before I decided to just force rotate the cartridge until the rubber piece was completely dislodged, then I was able to pull it out of the body and then had to fish out the washer / seal.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Andy,

Dave M.