wall mount stainless sink problem

I'm trying to put a wall-mount steel sink on a brick wall, but the supply lines are being pinched between the wall and the sink.

The problem is that the threads of the faucet supply intakes run horizontal towards the wall, instead of vertical towards the ground. I thought I could just buy a couple of elbows, screw them on pointing down, and everything would be great. But, I can't find the elbows anywhere, web, hardware stores, etc...

What I'm looking for is a 90 degree elbow, with 5/8" male and female threads. ( I've found 3/8", 1/4", 1/2", but no 5/8" )

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:

Can anyone help??

JB

Reply to
Beatniks

Are there any faucet sets in the matket with better fittings for your set up? How do you feel

Reply to
Joe

about:

There isn't a threaded pipe fitting you want because those 5/8" threads are straight, not tapered.

You might possibly make a 5/8" flare elbow work, but you'll have to improvise some seal (washer/O-ring) between the El and the faucet. Possibly sweat solder the El onto the stub .

If there is room behind the sink, might try this: Get a 5/8" compression El (used for supply lines). Couple a very short piece of chrome 5/8" supply tubing to the faucet stub. Then slip the compression El on the bare end of that.

Or, bore the faucet stub to accept a std size copper tube and sweat solder that in. Then attach a compression El.

Tough one. Maybe there's another answer, but I've drawn a blank.

(Nice GIF though!)

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

the back of a fawcett is typically a 1/2" NPT. Have you tried a square brass 1/2" NPT elbow?

S. Barker