Waaaaaay OT

I've tried the appropriate newsgroups, but can't get an answer pertaining to a '96 Jeep Cherokee Country. Hopefully, someone here has an idea. For the life of me, I can't locate the blower speed resistor. I only have max speed, and would like to check the resistor before tackling the dash control looking for the problem. Wherezit at? TIA

Reply to
PanHandler

just a guess: perhaps the fan speed switch selects from assorted circuits of a multispeed motor? if so, maybe no resistor. to purchase, schematic books and service manuals of the generic type are often found at pep boys stores. a jeep dealer parts or service guy will have the quickest answer. otherwise a store like autozone might know about your blower or switch?

Reply to
buffalobill

try some related jeep discussion i found at:

buffalobill

Reply to
howard

get a newsreader that isn't a complete piece of garbage, one with a search function. the automotive newsgroups start with rec.autos, such as rec.autos.tech

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Don't know about Jeeps, but on Nissans they are on the heater plenum behind the glove box. Most times it is a broken solder joint and only needs resoldering.

- Bill In Hamptonburgh, NY

Reply to
willshak