removing wallpaper glue

I have a heavy coat of what appears to be left over sanatist glue or something on my bathroom wall. How do I remove it?

Reply to
mo

First try white vinegar in warm water, rubbing GENTLY with a nylon mesh pad (something like a Dobie). If you're going to paint, clean with TSP after you've gotten the glue off.

Reply to
nj_dilettante

Wet it with a sprayer. Let it set for about five minutes. Wipe with a terry cloth. Look at an angle to see if you have gotten it all. Don't soak, or you will take the paper off, too. Slow and easy gets it. A PITA, though.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree with the other poster, those plastic scouring pads can't be beat for getting rid of glue.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Yes, they are. Whatever you use, though, stop when you get to the paper.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Everything I have seen written above looks good. I would add that after doing that I used a cleaning product called "Awesome" that you can get at the dollar store to get the rest. That and hot water works better.

And I have plaster walls so it was probably much easier for me to remove the wallpaper though.

Reply to
scott21230

Reply to
Connie Swisher

Trisodium phosphate. The paint store where I worked recommended that it be used before painting when the walls could be greasy (like in a kitchen), or when wallpaper had been removed.

nj_dilettante