W10374126

Please post a reply if the heat sink ?thermal protector? on your W10374126 has failed.

Reply to
Molly Brown

I didn't know heat sinks had thermal protection.

Reply to
Buster

Yeah, mine did.

I complained to my congressman and the federal government has written a new 893 page regulation establishing minimum heat sink thermal requirements. They mandate manufacturing and distribution procedures, testing and inspection rules, licensing and certification standards, and created new departments both at EPA and the Commerce Department to monitor compliance and a new bureau at the Justice Department to enforce it.

The governor in my state is considering similar additions and I heard some rumblings that the County Commissioners were looking into it too.

Finally, my neighbor is the chairman of our subdivision's Homeowners Association and since my family has been surreptitiously using his unprotected WiFi since 2011, I know he's looking at heat sink regs too...

Reply to
Wade Garrett