Vent Hood for 4&1/4 inch duct?

Greetings All!

The plastic vent hood (vertical wall) for our master bathroom vent fell apart a few days ago after many years of exposure to weather and sunshine on the west side of the house in northeast Ohio. After removing all of the old plastic I was surprised to find the duct that comes through the wall is 4&1/4" diameter instead of the standard

4". The old hood actually slid inside the duct.

The only replacement parts I've been able to find are for the standard

4" duct and pulling out the 4&1/4 piece doesn't seem possible - almost like it's "cemented" in.

Since the maker of the original hood (Leigh) doesn't seem to be around anymore, what would be the options here?

Thanks in advance!

Barry

Reply to
Barry

Slide the flexible duct over the new 4" vent and tape it on with waterproof tape?

Reply to
willshak