Handy Man Help Needed

I need to find someone locally who will do handy man type jobs. Everyone who was doing them seems to have moved away and no one I know can recommend anyone

- we are all looking.

How do I go about find someone reliable? Would stores have a directory? They should have...I know lots of people who would use them.

Any suggestions about how to find someone would be appreciated.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

A lot of hardware stores have local business cards displayed somewhere near the cash register.

Reply to
willshak

This is Turtle.

Look in your Local Newspaper under Home Repair and look at the service listing for job / work on the home. Now some small newspaper have a service man section where all the different services are lited as to what they do. You will see a bunch of different type services in one place.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

==== Check the "Work Wanted" section of your local paper.

Reply to
Gini

Go to your local hardware store. Talk to the clerks, and walk around and talk with the customers. You'd be amazed how helpful people can be.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hey Dorothy, I think maybe 90% of the folks here are in the same boat as you. Most of us are looking for answers or for help with our properties. But I think you still have a good question. I find students usually just are out for a fast buck and they don't really want to do any work or they do a sloppy and bad job. Professional handymen can charge quite a bit per hour but will do a very good job usually . but there are a lot of "handymen" out there..if you know what I mean. It is very hard for a lot of people who are homeowners and are not able to do work on their property and have to find somebody reliable at a reasonable price. so don't feel like your alone...we're all looking for some help too. best wishes.

Reply to
Gustov

Besides the other suggestions, you can call HandymanConnection (if they are operating in your city). They'll give you a detailed estimate with a firm price. That gives you something to use to compare when others bid the jobs. They might even be the low bidder, although naturally they have more overhead than a guy working out of his home.

Brian

Reply to
Default User