Variable speed furnace with single stage compressor?

I have a fairly new single stage compressor and I am upgrading the furnace and coil part now.

If I get a variable speed furnace, will the comfort features be reduced because I don't have a multi stage compressor?

For example when the fan is on all the time on low speed for cooling, the compressor would switch to low speed also. But in my case compressor would be stuck on high. I am not sure if that means I would lose the gradual air benefit of variable speed furnaces, during the summer.

Reply to
scorpionleather

This really isnt all that hard to understand. A variable speed furnace or air handler is nice. Generally it will usually raise your A/C SEER rating by about 1 full SEER point. You have to actually check the website to see exactly. When you setup the variable speed dipswitch settings properly, you will get the proper flow of air which is 400CFM per 12,000 btu's of cooling. When the thermostat satisfy's temperature (and you have the thermostat fan setting in the "Fan ON") position, the fan will generally run at about 50% of its normal cooling speed. This allows for a gentler air flow and also increases the efficiency of any high efficiency air filter you may have. Variable Speed units are generally a "Comfort Feature" although they do provide nominal electrical savings. I have one and wouldnt do without it if I need to replace my unit. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

YO Bubba, advertised is 100-110 watt at Carrier- Bryant at low speed for VSDC, since normal low for my blower is 350-375w how is it figured? Are you talkin true VSDC that they say takes 110w at low speed .. What gives , where is CB HVAC-- heart attack?

Reply to
ransley

YO Ransley. You've proven your incompetence time and time again. You're becoming hardly worth the effort to correct time and time again. Come back in 20 yrs when you actually have the slightest clue what you are talking about. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba