v belt question

For standard V belts, what increments of an inch are lengths available in?

I have a couple 25" long. I may want to go just a bit under 25". What's next length down?

Reply to
rb

Why do want to go under 25" and how far below 25" can you go?

-- Oren

Oren

Possibly 1/2", 1" undoubtedly. Call NAPA...

Reply to
dpb

rb,

A quick look at the Grainger site suggests that v belts are sold in full inch increments. They do stretch. There is usually a tension adjustment. So if you need a belt just under 25 in. you'll need to use a 24 in. If the 25 in belt is slipping a little perhaps belt dressing will help.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Actually, don't know why I didn't think of it before, but if length is key item, there's always a link belt you can adjust to whatever length you want within the size of the links. (I don't see much need for them, but they're claimed by many to be the solution to vibration in equipment like tablesaws, etc., ...)

Reply to
dpb