Useless things found on ebay number 437

Just as true of amazon, You were free to buy from any amazon in the world before we got one, and I did from most of them.

But there is no other universal name for those.

But you choose to buy the special or don’t bother..

With food specials, I keep large stocks at home for the convenience and only need to buy more when the stocks are getting low. I'm not actually stupid enough to run out before buying more.

Some of us actually have enough of a clue to notice some downside in what they currently have and choose to get a better one when one shows up on special.

But will need in the future with the sun lounge if you use those.

Nope.

Happens all the time with me.

I'm not that stupid.

It isnt the desire, its what the weather delivers, stupid.

I'm not actually stupid enough to either heat or cool my house all year round,

It can be more convenient to ask quite a bit of the time.

There arent enough of you stupid vegys to do things differently for you scum.

And the email specials I get from our supermarkets do list what I normally buy as well as some extras.

So I buy the frozen peas and corn and capsicum at half price because I have an entire draw of the massive great freezer just for that and buy more at half price when that shows up in the email.

Same with what I use lots of like breadmix.

I only buy the dramatic specials like half price at the non Aldi supermarkets and stuff like chutney that Aldi doesn’t stock. We don’t have a Lidl, it doesn’t have many stores in Australia yet. And Aldi doesn’t do a frozen peas and corn mix, they have them separate and is nothing in it price pise with the half price specials.

We have those too.

We get a lot more than 5% off,

Sure, but its not so true with ours when you combine a half price special with the spend $50 voucher.

There are a variety of echoes, Alexa is the name of the fake person you talk to.

Siri can be quite funny at times with her responses.

And doesn’t like it when you shout 'hey siri, why are you so f****ng deaf today'

Alexa just stonewalls with "I can’t help you with that"

They can't do that.

Not even possible. n

No they do not,

That’s bullshit.

Fantasy

Wrong when you read it on the phone or tablet.

Size is irrelevant and the watch isnt.

It does when it reminds you about it.

Ours is printed on the receipt,

It isnt with ours on the receipt if they leave that behind, as many do with the self checkouts.

Ours don't even have any baskets, they get stole, just trolleys,.

When I buy 10 or so as I often do, I use the shelf box and take it to the checkout.

They are apparently trialling some. But they wouldn’t fit very well in our Aldi.

Aldi does it the other way, usually only has 1 or 2 manned checkouts open and opens and closes the second checkout at a hell of a rate, tens of minutes.

Yeah, they arent cheap with the scales and scanner. Tho the manned checkouts have that too,

Yeah it would be interesting to see the costs.

Yeah, its not uncommon to see one closed.

We don’t get a lot of that and I was amazed to find that the latest ones in one of our main chains, Woolys, will actually scan the tiny little smallest coin sized sticker on loose fruit like nectarines inside a plastic bag, on the scales.

I don’t get any of that.

Not with the later google home minis.

More fool you.

Bullshit there is.

I can see from their web pages that there is no place that always has the cheapest cheese, bread butter etc whatever your stupid spreadsheet claims.

And anyone with even half a clue would have the spreadsheet on their phone, not fart around keeping a printer going so they can print it.

I can see that they don’t,

JUST the Aldi special buys

No thanks.

You do anyway with your stupid spreadsheet..

And get to pay more that way.

And you a desperate pov who gets to get your fingers bitten stuffing letterboxes. Great way to spend the time you save.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Shielding is usually thick. Compare good connectors and Chinese ones.

It could be from devices next to or on top of the one it's plugged into. People usually have many stereo separates, or a computer and a couple of monitors and some shitty phone chargers nearby etc.

Cheap and nasty case. I'm talking about the bigger robust ones.

Designed properly with respect to the sockets. PCI express x16 slots at position 2 (away from the top edge), then the second one three away from that so you get an air gap between two double width cards.

But that is an OLD board. I take it your processor is an i3/5/7 2000 series? I'm on 8000 series. Yours must be rather slow. I thought you liked modern technology?

No it isn't. Compact cases are as small as possible, no sticky out bits at the back. I'm talking about something like these:

Note that a card in the topmost slot has part of the case above it half an inch further out, so you can't plug a wide HDMI plug into that card.

I assumed designers weren't monumentally stupid, especially for the more expensive cases and motherboards. I've had it happen more often when both were top of the range.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Is there still a market for home-built computers in Scotland?

Do you make much profit by building one to order?

You must surely be in competition with products like this?

That seems pretty good value to me!

Reply to
David

No.

I made £100 a time. I made about 100 of them before the market wasn't good enough [1].

Budget shit, 1TB is tiny, and there's no solid state drive. I aimed at the £1000 market, usually for gamers. Although one was a trainee British Airways pilot and wanted something with 6 monitors and an absurd amount of power to run a simulator with yokes and all that piloty stuff.

[1] Or more likely I stopped getting er.... cheap parts. Quarter price Windows licenses embezzled from Dell, half price processors off the back of a ferry in Portsmouth.
Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Nothing from Currys is good value [1], I'm surprised they haven't gone bust like Comet.

Except once when I bought a VCR for £20 when the price said £80 on the shelf. The salesman shrugged his shoulders and said they must have input the price wrong. I asked him how many he had. He checked and said "4". I bought all of them.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

"Amazon employs thousands of people around the world to listen to and transcribe recordings made by Alexa-enabled device users."

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I've NOT signed that! ;-)

"The recordings are partially anonymized. They don’t include a user’s full name and address, but will be identifiable by their account number, first name, and the serial number of the Alexa-enabled device they’re using."

David

IAWTP

Reply to
David

Keep in mind you're replying to "Rod Speed" AKA "IQ Zero". The employees get a bonus if they manage to find anything worth selling. Bad news for them - the main dataminers (FaceKook, Amazun, M$, Glugle etc) are automating the process with AI and adding photographic/fingerprint recognition so they get more for your PRIVATE data. I believe San Francisco is the only place in the World they've passed a law that prohibits the spying. But it's only valid there. Which is why the dataminers re-route the calls. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

He's irritating and childish, but he certainly isn't stupid.

About time it was made illegal everywhere.

Imagine you're having sex with your wife, and Alexa (therefore Amazon employees) can hear you....

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If they can listen to the command, they can listen to everything. Why do you trust them?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Doesn't matter if it's not sold to the government. Somebody is spying. Someone gets to hear private conversations.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So not anonymous then. Your speech can be traced to you by an Amazon employee. They can have a jolly good laugh at you saying naughty things to your wife in bed. They can then publish it somewhere and make an arse of you. Would you buy a microphone, plug it into the internet, then let anyone listen to you any time they want? Because that's what Alexa does.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

No "imagining" necessary. Remember what Snowden said, the highest rated content in the NSA was women taking selfies of themselves. They'd pass the pictures/videos around. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

"Because they're rich".** []'s

** Standard IQ-ZERO template.
Reply to
Shadow

It astounds me that anyone could possibly be offended at the way we were born. Clothes aren't natural. A naked woman is just a woman. Everyone in the world needs to have at least one visit to a nudist beach, and see that it's entirely possible to see 1000s of people naked all around you, and not have everyone raping each other.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

My son bought me Google's equivalent. It's magic! :-)

Mind you, it's kept in my kitchen!!!

Reply to
David

Is it called a wife?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Sh*t! :-D You made me spill my coffee!

Reply to
David

No, she came with the house.

--------------- BD: I want people to "get to know me better. I have nothing to hide". I'm always here to help, this page was put up at BD's request, rather, he said "Do it *NOW*!":

62 confirmed #FAKE_NYMS, most used in cybercrimes! Google "David Brooks Devon" []'s
Reply to
Shadow