trying to make a nylon butterfly catcher with a recloseable top

I know this is a ng for home repair, but from time to time I have posted other areas and gotten some nice replies. Since I am stumped with the following issue, maybe someone has some suggestions as to how to proceed.

I put this thing together from some nylon, but I'm having a problem I'm hoping someone can address. My post is here along with the issue:

If anyone has any suggestions, please post them here. You are looking at the top of the trap.

Thanks!

Jon

Reply to
JBI