Trouble removing Slider Window Glass

I have a 10 year old house with slider windows. The biggest window of all I am unable to get out. I can lift it up but it just won't go over the lip at the bottom. There's no plastic security tabs at the top blocking it unless they are stuck inside the window. I am trying to replace its rollers.

Reply to
knutella

If you haven't already, slide the window to the center of the frame and try to lift it. I've had trouble like this before; resorting to a small flat pry bar to help lift the window (careful of damage).

-- Oren

Oren

Are there screws at the ends of the panel (bottom) for adjusting/removing the rollers? If so, turn them so as to lower the panel on the rollers .. should make more room to lift it out over the track.

Reply to
Norminn

A good comment. One difficulty is being able to get the sash up to clear the track...hence my flat bar. Not ever one will be so difficult, I've seen one sash that took two guys and a flat bar to get out. It was a bear..one person lifting and the other person prying.

(I called it the track is to high on the wrong side)

-- Oren

Oren

Same here. Had to replace rollers on my patio door (I had sliding patio doors but wife insisted on one when I built the addition). Finally had to call the 'window people' It took two of them, my wonder bar plus a strong screwdriver. Obviously the subfloor had swelled, risen or something. Ever have to do it again, a notch will be ground at one position on the bottom track.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K