Recoating Flat Roof

I have 2 small flat roofs that had new rolled roofing material installed approximately 4-5 years ago. One roof has more of a pitch than the other.

The roofing contractor came back a month or so after the installation and applied a silver coating over the top of both. He said the coating would last about 5 years, (he was right).

Presently I have no leaks, however I have noticed that on the roof with less of a pitch the aluminum coating is breaking up, "aligatoring?". The roof with the greater pitch looks fine.

I have been thinking about recoating both roofing surfaces with aluminum coating, (unsure about fibered or non-fibered varieites?), or possibly switching to the white elastomeric coating to prevent the aligatoring.

The house is in NJ by the coast and does experience it share of cold winters and inclement weather.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Reply to
seagar

I would go with elastomeric. It should last 7 years and is much nicer to work with being water based.

cm

Reply to
cm