Tree pushed my wooden fence out of alignment and now my gate won’t close!

My tree slowly pushed my fence towards the gate and now the gate can’t close. It’s about 1-2” away from where it should be! I have cut the darn tree down but I am stuck with the gate not being able to close. Any ideas? Thanks!

Reply to
Sharyl

Can you put a piece of wood between posts to push it back? Little by little over a week or two. The tree did not push it in one day.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You may be stuck with resetting that post after you cut the root away.

Reply to
gfretwell

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 14:45:02 +0000, Sharyl posted for all of us to digest...

My solution would be to get a cargo strap and stake it to the ground at one end and connect it to post and determine how much tension to apply. You may have to place wedges in the ground at the post to provide a permanent solution.

Reply to
Tekkie©

I assume a ratcheting strap... For a.h.r the devil is in the details. And maybe a nice speed staker

And some spiral anchors to go with it:

And maybe a 1/2 inch drill.

Tools, need more tools.

Reply to
rbowman

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 20:15:43 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

You are correct. Also need a saw to make wedges. A recip to cut the roots. A sledge to pound the wedges. Laser level. Concrete mixer. Don't go cheap.

Reply to
Tekkie©

The gym has a TV on the stair climber and I was watching 'Help! I Wrecked My House' with the sound off so I missed the dialog. The home owner is in a gutted out room with a level, apparently trying to say everything is fine. The fixer, who google tells me is Jasmine Roth, goes out in the yard and comes back with a ball. She places the ball on the slab and it rolls to the other side. The text said 'leveling slab: $2500'. Sometimes lo-tech works.

Reply to
rbowman