Toyota tacoma tail light reverse light

After putting in a new right rear tail light, I noticed something strange, I've never noticed before. When I checked reverse lights the left turn signal indicator inside vehicle, and also outside on front left and rear left showed light on, but not blinking. When I took car out of reverse those lights went out. All other lights worked correctly.

Has anyone noticed this occurrence on your vehicles, especially on Toyota tacoma?

Reply to
desert dweller

I had trouble last winter turning off one of my tail lights or maybe turnsignal light. It turned out to be intentional by Citroen to follow some wacko European law. Of course the car was bought in Europe. Where was your car originally sold?

Reply to
micky

It was bought in a little state called Texas. After checking lights again I realized the left brake light was actually burned out, after replacing the bulb that turn signal light stopped being on.

Somewhere, a few months ago, I read that drivers in Europe who wear prescription glasses are required to have an extra pair in the car in case something happens to the ones they're wearing. We don't have a law like that in Texas, as far as I know, but I still carry an extra pair just in case because I'm almost blind without them. I only wear glasses when I want to see something.

Reply to
desert dweller

Aha.

Good idea. I suspect the law is there also because too many people who were supposed to wear glasses said "I forgot mine". Now the cops can say, So why didn't you wear your spare pair?

Reply to
micky