A Non-friction bicycle lights generator (dynamo)

In this new generation bicycle light system, no battery is needed, no friction on any parts of the bicycle. The lights flash regardless speed of the bicycle and weather conditions (unlike normal dynamos!). Very bright.
It can be used as a stand-alone light system (as a normal dynamo) on your bike, or used as a back-up for your existed battery-powered lights.
There are DIY kits of this dynamo.
All details and buy on-line: http://www.freelights.co.uk
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Is this spam? Seems to be cropping up all over the place at the moment.
--

Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk /

Is it remotely legal as well?
EricP wrote:

Did you recieve your order? -- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:44:57 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"

NO! Seriously pissed off about it too!
Express Next Day. Lying crappers.

Probably yes, if you referto the flashing ness of the lights, there has been a recent change in the law that allows cyclists to have flashing lights on their bike
--
Chris French

In this new generation bicycle light system, no battery is needed, no friction on any parts of the bicycle. The lights flash regardless speed of the bicycle and weather conditions (unlike normal dynamos!). Very bright.
It can be used as a stand-alone light system (as a normal dynamo) on your bike, or used as a back-up for your existed battery-powered lights.
There are DIY kits of this dynamo.
All details and buy on-line: http://www.freelights.co.uk

Domain Name: freelights.co.uk Registrant: Qin Gang Trading As: Freelights Registrant's Address: 63 Grays Inn Road London London WC1X 8TL GB
Anyone close enough to firebomb them ?
--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and "@btinternet.com" ****

As there are 10 flats at that address that could be a bit unfair on the other nine:-)
Colin Wilson wrote:

0.5km close enough?
--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"

Dunno, what's that in real money?
--
AJL

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:

1m = 1.6km
so about 600 yards
--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"
no

speed <snip>
So it totally illegal to use on the highway then...

As long as the lights put out at least 4 candela it's legal
--
Chris French

chris French wrote:

Looks to me as if there could be a significant pause between flashes at low speeds, and even with the battery option, I think the front light goes out when stationary.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

needed,
regardless
Wrong. Try reading the relevant law relating to this, (RVLR regs 18 24), rather than what the ignoranus fascist cyclists try and suggest.
Flashing lights may be used, but they *MUST NOT* be used on their own, a normal *constant* output light source must be used as well.
On 12 Nov,

Not since October, the regulations changed. Flashing is permitted for the sole obligatory lamps.
--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

18

suggest.
well.
for the

Lunatics in charge of the asylum again... :~(
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

Sounds like a sensible change to me. Flashing lights are far more "noticable".
--
Cheers,

John.

Hear, hear.