Toro Mower won't self-propel

Good point. Mebbe like the other poster, the dealer will come over to the house!

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

I got a brand NEW mower from WM. "Out of the box" the drive didn't work.

As it is a 2 hour round trip back to the store, I investigated it myself and found that the outside portion of the drive control cable wasn't properly install and had gotten loose from the frame. I "fixed" it with one of those plastic wire ties used for bundling electric wires.

There isn't much to these drive systems: just a belt to the "transmission" and something you control that changes the tension on the belt.

Reply to
John Gilmer