Tire marks on walls

What is the best way to remove bicycle tire marks off a wall?

I live in a small bldg and other tenants are constantly banging their bike tires against the wall. The walls were freshly painted last year and painting them again is out of the question. I've tried scrubbing them without avail, using soapy water and pine oil, which almost took the paint off.

Any suggestions?

Would baking soda do the trick?

Reply to
oscar_01

Try WD-40. It removes a lot of stuff. --- Stuff

Reply to
Steven L Umbach

Try hair spray. It works on a graffiti. Time to seal the walls, makes it easier to clean later.

Reply to
SQLit

Might want to try one of those "Mr. Clean Magic Erasers". Hokey name, but they clean up a lot of marks in a big hurry. I'd think that rubber scuffs would be a cinch.

Reply to
Andy Hill

WD will leave an oily mark behind. Best bet is the Mr. Clean Eraser for the time being. Next time you paint use and alkyd enamal paint in high gloss.

Reply to
C & M