Timer switch for double switch wall plate

I'm planning to install timer switches on bathroom exhaust fans. The issue though is all our bathroom have double switch wall plates. one for lights and one for exhaust fan. Can I get a timer switch/wall plate that has one timer and one regular switch on it? I want the timer only for the fan. I should be able to use the regular switch for lights as usual.

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Reply to
tedneeley

A typical Intermatic spring-wound timer will replace the existing switch to operate the fan. It accomodates a switch plate directly, so no changes at all for the wall plate.

Reply to
Robert Barr

GE makes a "Decora"-style timer/switch with buttons for various delay times in multiples of 10 min. -- or permanently ON.

You could use that for the fan and a regular Decora switch for the light.

Perce

On 05/18/05 12:30 pm snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Reply to
RBM

To me it sounds as if he wants a switch and a timer in one box, something that I have never seen.

Reply to
Alan

You can get timer switches or dimmer switches that replace the existing switch. Just remove the old switch and install the new. No other parts (face plates, etc.) are needed. I'm not a Radio Shack fan but that's where I found mine.

SJF

Reply to
SJF