Tile removal update

I had about 300 square feet of 12 x 12 tiles and sheetgoods flooring to remove from concrete, and asked for some advice here. Got many answers, but the guy who won the prize was the one that suggested the air chisel.

I went to buy one this morning at Home Depot. Campbell Hausfield was $15.97 including bits. One thing ........... they were out. So, I got the Husky one for $23, and got the bits for $15 more .......... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Got it home, fired up the compressor, and had the tiles off in less than two hours. Some of the tile adhesive had been put on over Congoleum, and some of it over bare concrete. Long story short, we got it 80% complete in about six hours. Will finish tomorrow. That air chisel is really awesome. Don't know why I didn't have one before now, but, I got one now!

It is sure great to have the uneven flooring almost off. We will have another six weeks waiting for the custom cabinetry, granite, and tile floor and backsplash work to be done. But at least it makes it a little more livable. We are all done with wall work and electrical, and ready for the sheetrocker. Will be nice to have the sheetrock and flooring dust at an end.

I just wish we had left the sink. I can do without all the rest, but I sure do miss the sink. We are cooking in the motorhome which is right next to the house, and cooking on various things in the back yard, too. But I REALLY miss a kitchen sized sink in the house.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Ooooo, what prize did I win?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

My respect and eternal admiration. ;-) Worth far more than money.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

we used our tub as a kitchen sink whilst remodeling our kitchen.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer