barbeque

How to spiff up the once glossy black enamel on the outside barbeque. I'm thinking CLR, but haven't got a clue really.

Reply to
Gray asphalt

You cant make it shiney again as it is Enamel but you can paint it as there is high temp bbq paint.

Reply to
m Ransley

Is there anything I could have done to keep it looking nice and clean? It's a built-in that was here with the house when we moved in. It looked nice then but two years later I've let it go. : - (

Reply to
Gray asphalt

Clean sand and re-paint with a good heat resistant gloss black (hit the auto parts store for exhaust paint). Expect to do this on a regular bases.

Alternatives, buy a porcelain grill. Lots of $$, or live with it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Order a new top, the high heat of cooking eventually ruins all bbq tops. get one out of stainless steel.

Reply to
m Ransley