This is weird ...

For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR . All other grpoups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're more reliable too .

Reply to
Snag

I've been using Blocknews for a couple of years. I paid about $10 up front and still have used only a tiny portion. Best deal on the internet and more reliable than E-S

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Just checked. I've used 1.1 Gig since 11/16. You can get 5 Gig for $2.89. Pretty good deal.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Damn , that makes it easier to decide . I bought 10 probably 3-4 years ago , but since I've only used it for a backup I think I've used like .0002 Gb . Probably last me the rest of my life .

Reply to
Snag

If you get this, it's working now. I haven't had any problems.

Reply to
micky

How about you read my post again . Your 2 brain cells may figure out that I'm posting from blocknews instead of e-s .

Reply to
Snag

I have been using news.tulanet.com lately when e.s. got flaky. Also use news.aioe.org on occasion.

e.s. was not showing some of my posts to ahr but they showed up on these others. I thought the posts had not been made.

Reply to
Frank

I am paying a few bucks a month for Giganews and they have over

100,000 groups, including the binaries. They have pretty good retention too.
Reply to
gfretwell

I had a problem with eternal september for about 2 days a week or so ago

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Do I care? Maybe your 1 brain cell can figure out that if you get this, I was able to post it with e-s, so that's half of your complaint that is not true now. And since I got your original complaint, the other half isn't true now either. Get it?

Reply to
micky

I just find it very odd that only one newsgroup is affected .

Reply to
Snag

Just because YOU can post is immaterial . I can't except using blocknews . Same for receiving messages foe AHR .

And since I got your original complaint, the other

As I said above , it works for you . But it ain't working for me at this time on this computer using this OS . I haven't checked on XP - the other OS on this comp .

Reply to
Snag

Have they appeared yet? Sometimes due to the nature of NNTP's 'flood' propagation things get delayed for some servers in the bang path but not for others in other bang paths.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Nothing has come since the 20th of June ... but that's OK , as cheap as it is I'm going to switch over to blocknews for all my usenet traffic . Added bonus is that they don't restrict file size in binary groups . I compared s-e and blocknews in the one binary I use and blocknews had many files that e-s has apparently blocked for size . All photos of very old motorcycles ...

Reply to
Snag

That borders on being criminal. :)

Well, free is free and one can have several free servers for when they crap out - and they all do I think.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

There ain't no free lunch. If you are not paying for the product, you are the product. I am willing to pay the price of a "Whopper meal" a month to get unrestricted usenet access. (way more GB that I can use, even occasionally pirating music and video)

Reply to
gfretwell