This is weird ...

For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR . All other grpoups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping
eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're more reliable too .
--
Snag

On 7/6/2020 4:35 PM, Snag wrote:

I've been using Blocknews for a couple of years. I paid about $10 up front and still have used only a tiny portion. Best deal on the internet and more reliable than E-S
On 7/6/2020 4:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Just checked. I've used 1.1 Gig since 11/16. You can get 5 Gig for $2.89. Pretty good deal.
On 7/6/2020 4:13 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Damn , that makes it easier to decide . I bought 10 probably 3-4 years ago , but since I've only used it for a backup I think I've used like .0002 Gb . Probably last me the rest of my life .
--
Snag

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 6 Jul 2020 15:35:00 -0500, Snag
If you get this, it's working now. I haven't had any problems.

On 7/6/2020 5:02 PM, micky wrote:

How about you read my post again . Your 2 brain cells may figure out that I'm posting from blocknews instead of e-s .
--
Snag

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 6 Jul 2020 17:22:31 -0500, Snag

Do I care? Maybe your 1 brain cell can figure out that if you get this, I was able to post it with e-s, so that's half of your complaint that is not true now. And since I got your original complaint, the other half isn't true now either. Get it?
On 7/6/2020 9:17 PM, micky wrote:

Just because YOU can post is immaterial . I can't except using blocknews . Same for receiving messages foe AHR .
And since I got your original complaint, the other

As I said above , it works for you . But it ain't working for me at this time on this computer using this OS . I haven't checked on XP - the other OS on this comp .
--
Snag

I had a problem with eternal september for about 2 days a week or so ago
On 7/6/2020 8:15 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

I just find it very odd that only one newsgroup is affected .
--
Snag

Snag submitted this idea :

Have they appeared yet? Sometimes due to the nature of NNTP's 'flood' propagation things get delayed for some servers in the bang path but not for others in other bang paths.
On 7/7/2020 6:14 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Nothing has come since the 20th of June ... but that's OK , as cheap as it is I'm going to switch over to blocknews for all my usenet traffic . Added bonus is that they don't restrict file size in binary groups . I compared s-e and blocknews in the one binary I use and blocknews had many files that e-s has apparently blocked for size . All photos of very old motorcycles ...
--
Snag

Snag laid this down on his screen :

That borders on being criminal. :)
Well, free is free and one can have several free servers for when they crap out - and they all do I think.
On Tue, 07 Jul 2020 07:44:37 -0400, FromTheRafters

There ain't no free lunch. If you are not paying for the product, you are the product. I am willing to pay the price of a "Whopper meal" a month to get unrestricted usenet access. (way more GB that I can use, even occasionally pirating music and video)
On 7/6/2020 4:35 PM, Snag wrote:

I have been using news.tulanet.com lately when e.s. got flaky. Also use news.aioe.org on occasion.
e.s. was not showing some of my posts to ahr but they showed up on these others. I thought the posts had not been made.

I am paying a few bucks a month for Giganews and they have over 100,000 groups, including the binaries. They have pretty good retention too.