e-counters.com

Has anyone ever used them? We are thinking about having SIlestone installed in our house and they seem to be on the order of $2,000 or so less than anyone else.

The strange thing is that it looks like they refer the project to a local authorized Silestone fabricator. So... why then if I get quotes directly from the nearby authorized Silestone fabricator are they so much more money?

Reply to
jmgreen_

I have no info on e-counters.com, but did recently install Silestone in our kitchen redo. (Which BTW we absolutely love).

I ended up going thru HD for the countertop, they provided the lowest bid. The contractor that did perform the installation, had also independently bid the same job and came in over $500 over the HD quote. The only thing I could figure was that HD provides enough business for this firm that they get a lower rate. The installing company did mention (during the installation) that they were currently installing over 30 countertops a week...

I did get the impression from any installer that the 'advertised' price was simply to get you in the door. Once in, all the 'extras' (upgrade edge treatment, sink cut-outs, etc.) drove the final cost upward...

BTW we ended up paying nearly $80SF installed (total cost / SF). This is nearly double the 'advertised' cost per SF....

Good luck!

Rick

Reply to
pray4surf

$80/SF seems about where my bid from Home depot came in and about $35/SF below what the other authorized installers bid. I don't want to use HD because their color choices are too narrow (the one we like they don't have).

It really bugs me that the guys that the manufacturer recommends try to charge so much more if I use them directly.

Sheesh! I'd really like to use the local guy, but wheen he is so much above the HD price (which he gets less than 100% of) I feel used.

So, knowing that, I am going to go to the "referrer" who charges the least.

I'd still really like to har about experiences with e-counters.com. Thanks

Reply to
jmgreen_