This is a bit off the subject,but..

May I ask a semi-relevant question here? I want to know a sell-phone term and don't know where to ask, but I don't want to get kicked off this forum. Somebody might know answer....

Reply to
don't quote me, but......

don't quote me, but......

What is it you want to know?

Reply to
becks

Reply to
don't quote me, but......

Hi Liz, I gave a long answer to your private account, hope you receive it ok. Cheers Becks

Reply to
becks

cell phone MUST match company you plan on using it with !!!!!!!!!!

Originally some could be matched to any company but thats no longer the case!

use e bay phone finder to choose your phone, remember when changing models sometimes the cost of accessoreies can overwhelm cost of phone, things like vehicle chargers cases etc.

lastly get one from a seller with good feedback guaranteed activatable.

if someone left a big balance due you probably cant activate it on your account.

of you contract is over check with other carriers, then visit yours, tell them i am looking at verizon whats your best deal? i hate long term contracts and changing phones so i understand the issues.

finally a cheap phone that doesnt work is money completely wasted.

Reply to
hallerb

Reply to
Mulan

Check out Cingular and Verizon. You can take your same number with you when you go and they may have a brand new phone for free or cheap. Usually a 2 year contract though.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
don't quote me, but......

RUN don't walk away from that phone. Run far and fast. A bad ESN means one of two things. Either the phone is from an account with an unpaid balance that someone has to pay before any provider will activate it or the phone has been reported stolen and will never be activated unless you can prove that you are the original owner. No one can change an ESN. Not even the manufacture. (ESN is the Electronic Serial Number) I am a little surprised that the seller is honest enough to admit that he is selling a brick. Bob

-- Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times

The Other Funk

Move to verizon. Sprint's network sucks anyway.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

You have been morphed to alt.cellular for CELL phones for SELL phones, try Ebay.

Become Amish !!!!!

Reply to
-0-0-0-0-0-