I was talking to a building inspector when I applied for a basement finish permit. I have half of my basement already framed with 2" X 3". The masonry perimeter basement wall is uneven so the spacing between vertical studs and the wall varies from almost zero to almost 2". Our township code requires some fire insulation material to be put between joists and studs as fire stopping. It can be drywall or plywood or what he called thermofiber. Since half basement is already framed it is not possible to put drywall or plywood as firestopping. The inspector suggested me to us thermofiber that can be just stuck between studs and masonry walls. He said I can get it in HomeDepot. I have never heard about thermofiber? Do I staple it to studs? how expensive is it?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.