The crazy things you see a Home Depot

Amusing, but I suspect you are pulling our leg. The default assumption almost all clerks would have is that a male coming to the counter alone, is buying a gift for a female, especially near Xmas or Valentines day. There are Very Few males that buy high-end stinkum for themselves- almost all male-oriented fragrances (other than the kiddy crap in spray cans, which is really more like deodorant) are purchased by females trying to 'improve' the guy they are stuck with.

Reply to
aemeijers

My wife figured out a long time ago that it's going to take a lot more than some high-end stinkum to improve me.

I'm glad 'cuz I never wore the stuff.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

hugh's net works anywhere. (so they say)

Reply to
Steve Barker

No, really. If your first reaction was that the anecdote was fiction, you've probably never approached a stranger with: "What would you say if I told you I had a potato?"

Reply to
HeyBub

Yes, it was an electric stove. Thanks for the confidence Bill :)

Reply to
trader4

Well that's cool. I supposed you used one of those time domain things to test.

Reply to
Jeff The Drunk

Nope, well sort of, it's a Byte Brothers Real World Certifier. We got it for less than $400.00 from one of our suppliers. It works very well and I can Email or print the results for whomever we do the work for.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That's a good price but I wonder how it stands up to a Fluke TDR (time domain reflectometer). I've used one to verify and troubleshoot CAT5.

Also wonder if your Byte Bros uses TDR technology too?

Reply to
Jeff The Drunk

Yes, it has a TDR built in. It actually gives me the length of each pair then averages it so I can report how much wire I install. It uses a serial interface to connect to a PC and the output is an Excel spread sheet which I convert to a PDF to Email. It has the best toner I've ever used because it puts the tone on all the pairs at the same time. As for TDR's, I've repaired several old analog Tektronix

1503 units with the cute little chart recorder installed.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Do you burp the alphabet, after dinner?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That, or you're very glad to see me. When does Allen Funt appear?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No but you ought to hear my presidential introduction, Baraaaaaaacckkkkk. I'm pretty prod of it. -:)

Reply to
Colbyt

Even selective ring could be done over two wires. The ring generator frequency determined which bell rang.

Reply to
krw

People confuse what is often used, generally used, even recommended, with what is necesary. They don't know how the stuff works; it doesn't dawn on them that they have a phone at home with only four wires, and they're doing good to remember what someone uses, no matter who.

Reply to
mm

Actually, you need only two wires to make a 'phone go.

Reply to
HeyBub