The best day of my life.

I have one of those handheld devices that make barking dogs cringe. Works very well in most cases.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I wouldn't own one but the are nice looking cars. Too pricey for me, and my neighbor apparently. I still drive my 1998 Toyota Tacoma and will until the wheels fall off. Car pmts. are a thing of the past for me. He was living beyond his means. Seem to be the thing to do around here. Seemingly everyone here (Austin) has a Lexus, Infinity, BMW, Corvette, etc.... I just never got into the status car thing. I'd much rather have another dirt bike and a trail to tear up. :-) Or a boat.

Reply to
JimT

A Beemer is a BMW motorcycle. The BMW car is called a Bimmer.

DerbyDad03

Dunno about dogs, but those ultrasonic tapeless tape measures sure do a job on cats. Accidentally nailed the house cat with one, years ago, and he hid for hours. First time I ever saw a cat do a standing back flip and land running the opposite direction. Took a week before he would get anywhere near me again.

Reply to
aemeijers

Brand? Model? Cost? Source? I need one!

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

Brand? Model? Cost? Source? I need one!

cheers Bob

===

I'll tell you what really works:

But you'd have to have your neighbors cooperate.

All that I have to do is show it to my dog and she shuts up.

Reply to
JimT

A Beemer is a BMW motorcycle. The BMW car is called a Bimmer.

Oh, dopey me. I only parked them on the Las Vegas Strip for ten years. What do I know? Part of that ten years was from 68 to 70 when they were looked at as a foreign piece of shit. Then from 82 to 90, when they were better. But we called them Beemers. I've probably driven more of them than you've ever seen. I even got to drive the Beatle's psychedelic Bentley. They didn't own it at the time, Dr. Lonnie Hammargren, a local brain surgeon did. But, hey, you know more than I about such things, so call it whatever makes you happy.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

What brand? I need another. Mine died. I use them on real estate surveys, and a lot of times, they sure come in handy. They have some that are real spendy. I'll try that next time on the dogs, too.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

Brand? Model? Cost? Source? I need one!

cheers Bob

Can't lay hands on it right now. My MIL bought it at IIRC Big Lots for about $3. Two of our dogs go running when we hit it, but the other just tightens his jaw a bit. It is blue, and about 1.5" x 1.5" x 3". 9v. battery. I will post when I find it. Just got home, and things are all over. I have seen them in those catalogs that my MIL gets with all that crazy stuff in them.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

I have a corgi. They are smart. When we put it on him, he would just go lay in the corner like a slug until we took it off, never doing anything lest he got zapped. And I mean for days.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

I have a chihuahua. They are stupid. Really stupid. She does the same thing. I really don't have the heart to use it on her anymore but the damn thing works. I think those collars are more appropriate for large dogs.

Did you ever see if it works on yourself? It would really suck to use it on a dog next to a dog that didn't have one on that continually barked. It might cause some serious psychological damage.

Reply to
JimT

Why?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

A Beemer is a BMW motorcycle. The BMW car is called a Bimmer.

========

A former boss of mine began buying BMWs back in the mid 1970s. After two years, he called his the BM Trouble You. It was an electrical nightmare.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I would of thought the same thing but my wife brought it home. Now I love it like it's my kid. They have a bad rep., but to their owners, they are the sweetest dogs. They make decent watch dogs too. But mine are exceptionally dumb. I have two and I love them to death. I never thought I would, but go figure. I came from a typical large dog family. The really bad thing about small dogs is their teeth tend go bad quickly because they are so small. The good thing is they tend to live longer than large dogs.

Reply to
JimT

You're supposed to get them onto the grill before they get old & tough.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

My mom brought home a toy poodle when I was in grade school. My dad's first reaction was "Why did you buy a g-- d--- sissy dog?". Few months later it was "Does daddy's boy want to go for a walk?"

Reply to
norminn

.

At least then it would be somewhat ON TOPIC.

Reply to
Ron

I have one of those too. I can't even use my back porch, with the yapping mutts.

Reply to
krw

"JimT" wrote

Should we start a Can't Care Less Club? I would never own one. And all the interiors seemed like a cheap Mercedes imitation.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

Pictures of one of our rescue mutts. The other's intake picture looked as bad, but we didn't get that picture. They're a couple of nuts, and a lot of fun.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B