That's not the correct answer!

"That is not the answer I was looking for. Anyone else?"

If they know what the answer should be, why are they asking?

Reply to
Bill

"Bill" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

To those I would respond, "Whay didn't you tell me it was a quiz? I would have studied."

Reply to
Red Green

Government school education.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

If you think this quizee was tough, just wait till you see one of my testes.

Reply to
dinomite

The few times I've gotten a person to talk about it honestly, it seems someone told them "something" they liked about a fix or a collateral event, and that's what they are actually looking for. Then again, there are those who just want a reason to see their name in print even if it does embarass them. After that I guess one comes to the socio-paths, trolls, etc..

Twayne

Reply to
Twayne

Give that man the prize.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sociopath?! Where?!

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Maybe they are watching too many TV shows and big box marketing that claims everything can be done effortlessly and in seconds? When the get the correct answer they just know it can't be right.

Reply to
George

"Bill" wrote

Sometimes it happens because folks don't read the whole question and start replying with things not related. Kinda like several years ago in here I asked a wood walkway building question and got 15 answers on cement ones. Cool info but I'd specifically said *wood* PT walkway.

Reply to
cshenk

They are used to the outcome based education system. You just have to write down any old answer, and you will pass, because the teacher will not mark it wrong so as to to keep the class's test scores high to get additional funding next year for scoring so high and they might get a raise and it is because it is what the teacher's union told them to do and it is PC..

Conditioning in one word.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Of course, that only happens in your fantasy world. In reality what occurs is the teachers spend all their time prepping their students to pass the test.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

(replying to the OP, because in less than a dozen posts, the thread has already drifted into the usual political BS noise..)

They are perhaps wording their question and follow up badly, but I suspect many people who ask for additional opinions were hoping for easy/cheap/quick workarounds, even if they know the traditional correct answer. Hey, I grew up in the business, and already sorta know many of the answers for the more common problems. But I still hang out here for the stuff I don't know, and for new and inventive ways to solve old problems.

Reply to
aemeijers

It can't be helped. It's all Bush's fault.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It's probably the same person who stops you on the street and asks for the time. After you look at your watch or cell phone and tell him, he asks "Are you sure?"

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Or Hoover's.

Reply to
mm

Whenever someone asks me "What time is it?" I answer "Where?" If someone asks "Can you tell me what time it is?" I answer "Of course I can tell time, I've been able to tell time since I was a small child!"...........

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Agreed. We should bust what unions are left, reverse Obama's order to eliminate Bush's order with the Mexican scab truck drivers, and continue turning this country into a Turd World Nation. Long live Rush, Hannity, & Beck!

Reply to
Pedro

I'm in Texas. Texas and Arizona are Right To Work states (New Mexico and California are not). That means we'd get most of the non-union Mexican drivers who'd buy our gas, eat our tacos, and pay our taxes. Too bad, New Mexico and California. In fact, a truck from Mexico MUST pass through a RTW state to get almost anywhere.

Reply to
HeyBub

We are not at all surprised.

Reply to