Teflon tape: male end inaccessible

Hi,

I have removed a jet from my shower system to clean out some debris. Now I have a hard time putting it back on. The reason is that the jet has "female threads" while the male threads on the pipe are so deeply recessed into the tile that it is impossible to wrap teflon tape around it. How would one solve a problem like that? Is there a "brush- on" teflon tape alternative?

Many thanks in advance!

Reply to
Aaron Fude

Aaron Fude wrote: ...

Sure...pipe "dope" compound. What was used long before there was such a thing as teflon.

--

Reply to
dpb

Teflon tape _is_ the alternative. The original, and many still think best, is the brushable pipe dope.

RicodJour

Aaron Fude wrote in news:4f31914d-5932-402d-835c- snipped-for-privacy@k36g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

"Pipe dope" and there's also "Rectorseal T plus 2"

Reply to
Red Green