Synthetic stone siding

I'm seriously thinking about covering the T1-11 siding of our rancher with a synthetic stacked-stone. I haven't gotten an estimate yet, having just looked more closely at the builders show. My question is, "is there a down side to this kind of siding"? Oh ya, "Is there any other enhancement that I should consider"?

I plan to have the siding and fascia covered with aluminum at the same time. I had the old window replace several years ago with low-E therma-pane.

TIA, Chuck

Reply to
C & E

I don;t have direct experience with this type of product, but for what it's worth, it's being used on $1Mil new homes here in NJ.

Reply to
trader4

I don't know anything about it but one thing I've noticed is that every new siding material usually begins with disaster. You need to investigate what holds it up, what keeps moisture out of it, how are windows and door openings handled, does it past vapor.... is it supposed to? If it is supposed to be attached to studs..... how can that be done on a finished house. Be careful.

Reply to
Art