supply line valve pointing down

I removed the old supply line valve for a vanity sink and replaced it with a new one. After tightening the new valve, I found it pointing down instead of up.

Anyway to make it pointing up?

Reply to
Lenny Jacobs

Like any plumbing fitting, tighten it so that it winds up pointing in the right direction? Each full turn, it comes up in the right position. You just stop turning when:

A - it;s sufficiently tight and B - it's in the right orientation

Reply to
trader_4

Start stroking it gently, gradually increasing your speed and you will see it point up.

Reply to
Caitlyn Jenner

Depending on how far away from vertical, either tighten it some more, or loosen it a little.

Or if it is operable where it is, and isn't an appearance problem, leave it alone. You could mess it up worse by trying to fuss with it.

Reply to
Retired

If the valve or fitting has pipe threads you NEVER adjust the valve or fitting orientation by loosening because this is a text book way to cause a leak. Always tighten.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

It's already quite tight and the valve is metal while the pipe is plastic. I'm afraid overtighten would break the pipe.

Guess I just live with it.

Reply to
Lenny Jacobs

this is what i do, your mileage may vary

  1. screw the valve on by hand as tight as I can get it

  1. tighten further by wrench ( 1/2 to 1-1/2 turns ) until its oriented like i want it

  2. check for leaks. if it leaks, I tighten another turn
Reply to
jack