Subflooring Level

Is the rule for subflooring; leveled with a variance of 3/16" in a 10ft radius a code for that the builder has to abide by? My builder has mine with a 3/4" variance and I want to talk to them, but just want the facts first.

Thanks!

Reply to
Zzyzx

This is so specific to your locale you'd need to contact your building commission or whoever regulates such things.

Sounds like your builder doesn't know what the f*** he/she is doing. If the particle board/plywood is off by that much, than the joists probably are, which means the foundation may be, which may put you at a lawyer's office at some point.

New houses suck !

Reply to
roger61611

Not sure what the code is, but that seems like 3/16" in 10 feet seems like an impossibly high standard. Thats 3/32 in 5 feet. Lots of your cheaper levels (and more expensive levels that have been around the block) can be off by that much. Is this subfloor plywood on joists? considering the straightness of the lumber, etc, it's tough to get things perfect. How did you figure out that it was 3/4 in 10 feet? Depends too on where it is: If its under kitchen cabinets it is a more serious issue.

Reply to
marson

So your saying if I put a shim under the foundation it should fix it? :)

Reply to
Zzyzx

Kitchen cabinets are usually shimmed anyway.

Reply to
Art
3/16" in 10 ft. is nothing. Don't say anything to the builder. If you get him pissed off, there are all kinds of corners he can cut on purpose that you'll never notice. Wait until you find something important to complain about.
Reply to
Bob

OP said 3/4 ", which seems pretty high.

Shim that foundation !