Styrofoam

Or just use reusable drinking glasses/travel mugs/et alia and forgo the disposables.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

That depends on where you live. You won't find them in stores in the major metropolitan areas of California, for example. Paper and plastic, yes, styrofoam not so much. Particularly for restaurants which use the corn starch based compostable versions.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Some day we will be hearing about all the water that is wasted washing these things out. That has been the excuse restaurants have used for years for not giving everyone a glass of water. We are going to run out of potable water long before any of the calamities Al and Greta are whining about.

Reply to
gfretwell

That doesn't surprise me in California.

Reply to
gfretwell

My last exposure to California major metropolitan areas was in the '90s.

Reply to
rbowman

70s for me (LA and Frisco) but I have been to California a couple times since. I got off the plane and drove out of town for 2 hours immediately. Once you get away from the coast, California is OK.
Reply to
gfretwell

Quite a few states have that problem. Upstate NY isn't Sodom on the Hudson, western Massachusetts isn't Boston, even New Jersey isn't bad when you get away from Newark and so forth.

Reply to
rbowman

I spent time in Kingston and Endicott. I understand that. They still have some silly laws. Same with Mass and NJ.

Reply to
gfretwell

That's the problem with the blue state cities wagging the dog.

I've got a little different definition of upstate NY and it doesn't include Kingston or the Southern Tier. It starts at the Federal dam on the Hudson at Troy. Gillibrand lied her way into a seat in the 20th district but once she clawed her way into the Senate her true colors came out.

Reply to
rbowman