Stupid Store Employees / Inconsiderate Stores

In an idiomatic sense he's right, because colloquially "average" doesn't necessarily mean "mean" in the mathematical sense. Strictly speaking, the mean, median and mode are measures of "central tendency" which is akin to the colloquial definition of "average."

Reply to
Raymond J. Johnson Jr.

I pick up coins that I accidently drop.. due to insecurity. Even with a reasonable net worth... some day I may be 1 cent short of enough to make a desperate phone call for help...

Reply to
Chuck

Pay phones accept pennies?

Reply to
Doug Miller

What ever happened to simple math. Everything is done on computers now. You go into a store , your bill comes to say $9.35 you give the clerk $10.00. They ring it up and go to give you the $.65 cents back. Instead you give them the $.35. They stand there and look at you with a dumb look. They are lost. You actually have to tell them , "my change is a $1.00.

Pat.

Reply to
Pat

Ouch! I hurt my back 14 months ago and took the pain killer Alleve. On the 6th day my stomach was on fire so I threw out the Alleve and started morning QuChong back exercises. After 6 weeks I was able to touch the floor standing up and the pain was almost non-existant. I had a physical exam last month and the doctor asked me to touch the floor. I put the palms of my hands on the floor and the doctor was impressed. My back is cured, and $0 spent on doctor bills. I know that twisting and bending is seldom a good thing. Out of habit, I still do the back morning exercises.

Reply to
Phisherman

What ever happened to simple math. Everything is done on computers now. You go into a store , your bill comes to say $9.35 you give the clerk $10.00. They ring it up and go to give you the $.65 cents back. Instead you give them the $.35. They stand there and look at you with a dumb look. They are lost. You actually have to tell them , "my change is a $1.00.

Pat.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Google did not help with QuChong back exercises. Can you elaborate?

DanG

Wash your mouth out Stephen!

I was fussy about who I married and I chose wisely and well and we have been happy together for more that 30 years. I didn't choose a sloth who can't sew on his own button nor one who thinks that merely because we have managed to climb up the dung pile and have reached a technical millionarie status that we (or he) can become lazy and not do our/his own dirty work.

Reply to
Fran

Do you add bread improver when you bake your bread? I do and find it makes a real difference to the quality of the bread (does rise as quickly or as high if I don't use it). I have been told that this is just Vitamin C powder but still don't know if that is right. Would you (or the 4 year old) have any idea about this?

Reply to
Fran

So being worth so much that he can walk past $50 notes and not picking them up is to be admired????????????????????????

Reply to
Fran

bill gates is real? thought he was like the dog in windows xp search

Reply to
effi

Lurking there in what you say is a the sort of frugal, D-I-Y, skills based (even if hard gained) philosophy that I admire. I suspect that claim of yours to being miserly is merely false modesty.

Reply to
Fran

How odd. You make your own bread, and add something to it, the ingredients of which are unknown to you? Isn't that a bit odd?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

(Side note: Google has added a new function. Go to Google Wed Search and enter "define:average" and see what you come up with. That function will come in handy.)

Reply to
Offbreed

"Fran" wrote in news:41cfa7cd$0$5655$ snipped-for-privacy@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net. au:

i just tried the bread improver... it certainly does give extra boost to the yeast. the one i use is vital wheat gluten with vitamin C. i suspect the added elasticity from the gluten helps it rise better, while the vitamin C helps the yeast grow faster. BTW, i store mine in the freezer. this is only a good idea if a) you don't bake bread more often than once/week & b) you remember you put it in the freezer lee

Reply to
enigma

"effi" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

real, married, has 2 kids. he & his wife run a couple children's charities... i think the biggest one is providing funding for childhood immunizations in 3rd world countries & poor rural areas. i think the dog in Windoze is Melissa's idea (that's his wife. she was the person responsible for MS Bob, if you remember that travesty) lee

Reply to
enigma

Well there is always the DMV.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Well since I buy all my bread products from the same company and these include a range of about 5 or more flours, yeast, grain mixes, kibble mix, kaipseed mix and some lines I can't remeber without checking the pantry in addition to my bread improver then, no, I don't think it at all odd.

I have looked at other manufacturerers bread lines in the supermarket and the tins labelled "Bread Improver" made by other manufacturerers also don't bother to say what they are made from/of.

Reply to
Fran

Alzheimers? :-))

I don't bother to store mine in the freezer - I use it fairly quickly. I do however keep my coffee grounds in the freezer.

Reply to
Fran

OK, then. :-) I mentioned it only because there are still people who dump Accent into their food, and have no idea about the history of that particular additive.

Reply to
Doug Kanter